Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
TOWN OF RED HOOK SEEKSSUMMER RECREATION PLAYGROUND DIRECTOR
The Town of Red Hook is seeking to hire a Recreation Playground Director for this summer. The program runs for five weeks from 9:00 – 12:00 at the Recreation Park running from 1 July to 2 August 2019. No camp will be held on 4 July.
The Summer Recreation Playground has nine Program Assistants. Each year there are also a number of high school volunteer assistants.
For further information please contact:
John Kuhn, Parks & RecreationRed Hook Town Hall7340 South BroadwayRed Hook, NY 12571
Office: 845-7584625Cell: 845-399-3585Email: email@example.com
The Recreation Program Athletic Director is under the supervision of the Recreation Commission and the Park Facilities and Programs Director.
Design, promote, and direct a safe and enjoyable program of age and skill appropriate (ages 6-12) athletic activities, games, and educational projects. Recruit/recommend staff and volunteers for Recreation Commission approval. The athletic director should be highly organized, energetic, motivated and creative.
• Establish and supervise an effective and secure program.
• Establish a secure participant sign –in and sign-out procedure.
• Establish and enforce rules and safety standards at all times.
• Insure that staff and participants know emergency procedures.
• Assign, direct, and supervise program assistants and volunteers.
• Supervise program participants at all times.
• Insure that each program participant has completed a PERMISSION SLIP.
• Permission slips should be alphabetized so that emergency information is readily available! Identify all participants with special medical conditions or medication needs.
• Insure proper treatment of all facilities and equipment.
• Compile a telephone and email list of all participants for use in emergency situations and for notification of changes or cancellations.
• Post emergency telephone numbers and develop an emergency plan.
• Notify the Recreation Programs Director and the parents/guardians of all injuries sustained by participants as soon a possible. Complete an ACCIDENT/INCIDENT report form.
• Record participant attendance at each session.
• Maintain equipment and supply inventory.
• Submit Purchase Orders in a timely manner.
• Notify the Recreation Programs Director of any problems as soon as possible.
• Advertise activities, schedules, special events with posters, newspapers, TV, internet postings, as appropriate.
• Provide the Town of Red Hook Business Manager with payroll information.
• File a written report at the conclusion of the program following Recreation Commission guidelines.
Salary based upon the number of sessions, the length of each session, and the basic requirements of the job.
Strong Oral, Written Communication and Reading Skills/Basic Computer Skills
Organization/Planning/Time Management/Supervisory Skills
Bachelor’s Degree in recreation, physical education, or related field. Relevant recreation experience or appropriate combination of education and experience.